Walk-a-Payung 2018 & Family Carnival
An Umbrella Walkathon in aid of SLE Patients
Date: Sunday, 6 May 2018
Venue: Central Park, 1 Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Route: About 3km
Pre-register for Walk-a-Payung 2018 !! Please Click HERE to Pre-Register !!
A walkathon card will be posted to your mailing address by registered mail when we have received our police permit for the event.
WHY WALK WITH AN UMBRELLA?
• To create public awareness of SLE
• To show that SLE patients have to avoid the sun
• To raise funds in aid of people suffering from SLE
• To break the Malaysia Book of Records' latest count for Largest Participant of Walkers with Umbrella. Let's achieve 2000 walkers!
HOW YOU CAN JOIN
• Get a Walk-a-Payung 2018 card from Persatuan SLE Malaysia and collect a minimum of RM50. Or donate a minimum of RM50 yourself. Donations are tax deductible.
• Companies that donate a minimum of RM1,000 will be invited to send your company team to walk with your corporate t-shirts and banner. Donations are tax deductible.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
Participants will be eligible for:
• Free health checks
• Walk-a-Payung t-shirt
• Walk-a-Payung umbrella
• Goodie bag
• Lucky draw prizes
7.00am Registration for Walk-a-Payung. Family Carnival starts Get free health checks
7.30am Warming up exercises.
8.00am Speech by President, Persatuan SLE Malaysia
8.10am Speech by Representative, Ministry of Health
8.30am Walk-a-Payung flags off
9.00am Walk finishes. Collect your breakfast & goodie bags
9.00am-12noon Family Carnival, SLE Quiz, Talent Competition, Lucky Draws And Band Performances
Walk-a-Payung 2018 Rules & Regulations
1. There is no age limit for participation in Walk-a-Payung 2018. Individuals below the age of 18 on 6 May 2018 must obtain the consent of their parents or guardian.
2. To qualify as a walker in the Walk-a-Payung 2018, the individual must use the official Walk-a-Payung 2018 card to collect a minimum total donation of RM50.00. Children below the age of 12 on 6 May 2018 can join in to walk with their parents without a Walk-a-Payung 2018 card.
3. All Walk-a-Payung 2018 cards and monies collected must be returned to Persatuan SLE Malaysia’s office on or before 5.30pm, 4 May 2018 at: 3rd floor, Bangunan Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah, 16, Jalan Utara 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03-7957 7672 Fax: 03-7957 0407 E-mail:
Click here for location map.
4. Vouchers will be given to those who return their Walk-a-Payung card(s) and money collected. Prizes will be given to the top 10 collectors of donations.
5. Any card that is misplaced or lost must be reported immediately to Persatuan SLE Malaysia together with a police report.
Note: Cash donations to Persatuan SLE Malaysia are tax exempted under Section 44 (6),Income Tax Act, 1967 (Ruj: LHDN.01/35/42/51/179-6.4646, No. Warta Kerajaan: 9991). Tax exemption receipts will be posted to donors of RM50 and above. Please write the donor’s mailing address and contact in the column provided in the Walk-a-Payung 2018 card.